Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
Outdated browsers can expose your computer to security risks. To ensure a secure experience, we recommend updating to the latest browser version. Support for this browser version will soon be discontinued.
PSYC Override Request Form
Summary of department class override policy:
- All overrides are on a space-available basis only. Some rooms have very limited space.
- Except in rare circumstances involving work or family schedules, or having to repeat a class with a particular instructor, overrides into courses will not be granted until all sections of the course are filled.
-If a course that meets the same grouping (e.g., another core course that you have not yet taken) has an opening, students are encouraged to consider that course.
- Priority for overrides will be given to psychology majors, and to majors and minors for whom a particular course is required.
- Priority for overrides will be given to seniors, then juniors, then sophomores. If the course can be taken another semester without jeopardizing graduation, overrides will not usually be granted. Except in rare circumstances, freshmen will be considered for overrides only into PSYC 101 and 198.
- Students granted an override are expected to register for the course by using the Wingspan “Drop/Add-a-Class” function within 48 hours. (Note: Wingspan’s “Class Look-Up” function will not work for overrides).
Select the professor of the class you are requesting an override for (Check Wingspan, if you are unsure). Your information will be directly sent to that faculty member.
Personal Information (required fields)
Name (Last, First Middle)
Winthrop Student ID (Include the "W"; EX: W19976543)
Winthrop Email Address
Local Telephone Number
Anticipated Graduation Date (semester and year)
I have completed the course prerequisites (including Gen Ed math for PSYC 301 and CRTW 201 for PSYC 302):
No (I need to override for the prerequisite--see below)
This override is needed for the following reason (choose one):
Class cap limit reached
Department or instructor permission required
Please list the course information you are requesting an override for (Check Wingspan for this information):
CRN (5-digit number)
Subject and course number (Ex: PSYC101)
Section Number (Ex: 005)
Meeting Days/Time (Ex: MW 9:00-9:50)
If you are a psychology major, have you completed both PSYC 301 & 302?
Did you register for classes within 24 hours of when your registration slot opened? If not, why not?
Can you take the course next semester? If not, why not?
Reason for the override. Be SPECIFIC. Noting that you need it for graduation is not enough. You must explain why you need this particular section.
Powered by Qualtrics